Code of conduct
A safe and harassment free environment for everyone
VueConf TO (VueConf Toronto) prohibits harassment or discrimination of any participant on the basis of characteristics such as race, sex, gender, color, creed, religious beliefs, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability. VueConf TO is committed to creating and maintaining a safe environment that is free of such objectionable and disrespectful conduct. Harassment or discrimination of or by attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers shall not be tolerated.
VueConf TO respects the diverse backgrounds of all its participants and values every opinion brought forward. At VueConf TO, we believe in providing a comfortable and safe forum to all our participants. Our code of conduct is of paramount importance for us and is expected to be taken seriously by all conference attendees, speakers, sponsors and volunteers.
Unacceptable harassment, both mental and physical, may include:
- Unacceptable or offensive behavior resulting in the humiliation, belittling, degradation or embarrassment of an individual
- Demeaning, offensive or humiliating comments or behavior based on characteristics such as race, sex, gender, color, creed, religious beliefs, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability
- Intimidation, threats, blackmail or coercion based on power of authority
- Suggestive or obscene letters, notes, invitations, derogatory comments, slurs, jokes
- Display of sexually suggestive objects, such as pictures or cartoons in presentations, slides, speaker content or sponsor booth displays
- Unwelcome touch or gestures, assault, physical blocking of movement
- Offering benefits in exchange for sexual favors
- Possession and/or use of illegal substances
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon to harm others
- Retaliating against individuals who complain (or attempt to complain) about the behaviors described above
Participants asked to stop unacceptable behaviour are expected to comply immediately. Participants who violate the Code of Conduct may be expelled from the conference and related activities, without a refund and/or banned from future events, at the discretion of the organizers.
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior or notice that someone else is being subject to unacceptable behavior, please notify a conference organizer or volunteer (easily identifiable through conference badges) at the earliest. You can also reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidentiality relating both to the fact that a complaint has been made and to its investigation will be maintained to the greatest extent possible.
Our top priority is the health and safety of our staff, partners, and attendees. We follow the latest policies and procedures issued by Govt of Canada and local health officials on preventing the transmission of COVID-19. Wearing masks is recommended but not enforced. If you do not have a mask with you, we can provide one at the registration.