State Management with Pinia
Daniel Kelly - VueSchool Instructor
9 November 2023 - 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST
The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
1 Harbour Square, Toronto, ON M5J 1A6
In Vue.js, it is quite simple to work with components, and share data among them using events and props - especially in small to medium projects. When an application starts growing, managing component state might become tedious and overwhelming. This is where Pinia comes to our rescue.
Pinia is a state management solution for Vue.js applications that makes it easy to store data at a global level and share it amongst application components.
By the end of the workshop, attendees will be able to develop elegant, debuggable, maintainable, and organized applications using a centralized store. No prior experience with Pinia is needed.
We will answer the common question, “When should I use Pinia?” and work on real-world features.
- Understanding global state management
- Creating a Pinia store with core features like: state, actions, and getters
- Consuming a store in components
- Organizing the store with modules
- Usage with the Composition API and the Options API
- Preserving state with HMR
- Using composables in the Pinia state
Who is this for: This workshop is ideal for web developers who know the basics of Vue.js and are looking to manage application data without the headache of prop drilling.
- Experience with the basics of Vue.js
- Experience building full-scale apps that could benefit from a central store